Healthy Living Pharmacy FAQs
- Do you need to be a pharmacist?
– No for champion training – non-registered staff member would be the ideal person
– Yes for leadership training – ideally the pharmacist will take on this and oversee the HLP champion.
- Does it need to be the same person ?
– Should be separate roles
- What to do when completed the course to become HLP?
– Register pharmacy as HLP on RSPH website
– Need to have a consultation room
– Need to do NMS and MURs
– Flu vaccines – either provide or signpost
– CPCF up to date
– GPhC up to date
- Who should attend the HLP champion session?
– Full time equivalent (30 hours or more)
- Can we have 2 people share the role?
– You can have more than one person that makes up to a full time equivalent