Be Clear on Cancer – Respiratory
Ideal opportunity for your Healthy Living Champion to run as health promotion campaign in Health Promotion Zone
Be Clear on Cancer Respiratory Symptoms – pharmacy toolkit
We have now received approval from the Cabinet office that The Be Clear on Cancer Respiratory Symptoms campaign will still be launching on 18th of May 2017 for 15 weeks. The campaign creative will be largely unchanged from last year encouraging people who have experienced a cough for three weeks or more, or breathlessness to visit their GP as it could be a sign of lung or heart disease including cancer.
The key campaign messages will be:
- If you’ve had a cough for 3 weeks or more, tell your doctor
- If you get out of breath doing things you used to be able to do, tell your doctor
With the following secondary messaging:
- Getting out of breath could be a sign of heart or lung disease, including cancer. Finding it early makes it more treatable, so don’t ignore it, tell your doctor
- A persistent cough could be a sign of lung disease, including cancer. Finding it early makes it more treatable, so don’t ignore it, tell your doctor.
- Chances are it’s nothing serious but if it is cancer finding it early makes it more treatable
- Don’t put getting out of breath down to something else e.g. getting older, being overweight or smoking
There are a range of resources for partners to use to support the campaign including posters, leaflets, digital and social assets which can be ordered now to prepare for the campaign and spread the message through your own channels.
Resources available free from the PHE pharmacy orderline: A free pharmacy toolkit to support the campaign, including a briefing sheet and access to video briefings for staff is available to pre-order now using the code: BCOCRESPPHARMKIT on the PHE pharmacy order line call 0300 123 1019. The order line is open Monday to Friday, from 8am to 6pm or be accessed from the PHE Campaign Resource Centre: https://campaignresources.phe.gov.uk/resources/campaigns/46-respiratory-symptom-awareness
The pharmacy retail kit includes:
- A4 poster x2
- Counter card x1
- Shelf wobbler x2
- Leaflets x 50
- Leaflet Dispenser x 1
- Briefing Sheet x 1