A new Carers Hub is being launched from 1 April 2017, to provide a joined-up, one-stop service for adult carers in both Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire County.
The new Carers Hub will be a single point of contact provided by Carers Trust East Midlands, supporting carers in the community and in health settings such as GP surgeries and hospitals. The service will offer Carers:
- Information, advice and guidance
- Carer Assessments
- Access to Carers groups and drop-ins
- Access to Carers Respite breaks
- Carers’ ID cards and help with planning for emergencies
- Access to mindfulness and counselling therapies
- Free training and caring support
- Carers Smart’ benefits and discounts
- Signposting to other organisations for further information
If you work with individuals who support a relative or friend of any age with learning disability, mental health issues, a history of substance misuse, a serious health condition, physical disability, or is elderly and frail, please refer or signpost them to the Carers Hub.
If you work with service users in any of these situations, please consider who may be caring for them, and offer to signpost that carer to support.
The Nottingham Carers Hub service has been commissioned by Nottingham City Council and NHS Nottingham City Clinical Commissioning Group.
Young people can be carers too!
If the carer is under 18, please contact Action for Young Carers – this service remains unchanged, and is provided by the Carers Federation – call 0115 9629351 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website http://aycnottingham.co.uk