2014/15 South Yorkshire & Bassetlaw Seasonal Flu Vaccination Service training – Bassetlaw contractors only
Monday, 15 September, 2014 6.30pm
Mercure Sheffield Parkway, Catliffe, S60 5BD
JUST FOR CONTRACTORS WHO HAVE EXPRESSED AN INTEREST
Thank you for expressing interest in participating in the Seasonal Flu Vaccination Service,
The LPCs in South Yorkshire have been working together to arrange training for the seasonal flu vaccines by Novartis. Please see details below.
You may have already organised your own training arrangements, however LPCs across South Yorkshire have been approached by a number of pharmacies about the local availability of vaccination and basic life support/anaphylaxis training. We have partnered with Novartis Vaccines, who will provide online and live training options for pharmacists on vaccination and basic life support/anaphylaxis training
ONLINE ONLY – £65 (inc VAT and charge)
For pharmacists who have attended the Novartis Vaccines/AAH live training course in 2012 and 2013 or have attended a Novartis Vaccines/AAH live training course in 2013 and have administered at least 50 vaccinations.
ONLINE AND LIVE TRAINING – £126 (inc VAT and charge)
Please note this is a different price to the attached Novartis forms, as we have incorporated a small charge to reflect local costs, such as room hire etc
This training is for pharmacists not falling under the above mentioned criteria for online only as well as pharmacists coming back for live refresher training after online only training in 2012 and 2013.
Practical training is delivered by specialist nurse advisors and must be attended in person (approx. 3 ½ hours duration). It covers the following:
- Practical injection technique
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and anaphylaxis
- The patient journey and South Yorkshire & Bassetlaw service requirements
- Clinical governance
In addition to the online learning programme and practical training session, the 2014/15 South Yorkshire & Bassetlaw Seasonal Flu Vaccination Service is also supported by the following resources:
- A comprehensive pharmacist support pack containing all the necessary clinical governance materials required for service implementation will be available via the training platform
- A range of promotional materials including point of sale items
- Inclusion on the Novartis Vaccines customer facing flu awareness website: www.dontforgetaboutflu.co.uk
- Field support from your local Novartis Vaccines’ Account Manager
PHP Meningococcal ACWY vaccination service
- Pharmacies in high local Muslim population areas have an opportunity to offer Pilgrim meningococcal ACWY vaccination service in partnership with Novartis Vaccines and the Muslim Council of Britain
- If you wish to participate in this programme please indicate on the NHS Commissioning Training requirement order form.
Please complete the training requirement form, vaccines order form and new account setup form, (below). You only need to return the live training form if you are participating in live & online training. Please return forms to Alison Ellis – firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax – 0115 8379854. Booking is via the eventbrite site – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/201415-south-yorkshire-bassetlaw-seasonal-flu-vaccination-service-tickets-12680199819
PLEASE BE AWARE THE DEADLINE FOR RETURN OF THESE FORMS IS Friday 29th August 2014