Make Every Prescription Count: avoid losses and improve your income
Monday, 25 February, 2019 7.00pm (buffet from 6.30pm)
Birch House, 421 Southwell Road West, Mansfield, NG18 4LE
Nottinghamshire LPC Training Academy have organised free training sessions to help community pharmacies as they are working in a difficult financial environment and it doesn’t seem that they will get better any time soon.
The LPC wants to invite you to a workshop specifically for pharmacy contractors in Newark/Mansfield; Maximising Dispensary Profitability – Increasing Income and Improving Efficiency. This workshop is designed to help pharmacy contractors meet the challenges of the difficult financial environment. The workshop will focus on;
- Avoiding losses and improving income using the Drug Tariff
- Get the quantity right
- Choose the most cost efficient product
- Managing concessionary priced products
- Avoiding mistakes with specials
- Claiming supplementary fees
- Make sure you get paid what you are owed (checking the FP34)
We finish with some general points about
- Being strategic about your product choices decisions
- Communicating with surgeries to improve efficiency
- Understanding prescriptions to process and manage them effectively
- Using electronic repeat dispensing to improve efficiency
- Maximising income from all NHS sources
The pressures on the global sum and the increasing costs of running a business, alongside more work and complex working arrangements are putting contractors under more and more pressure. With all the challenges faced by pharmacy businesses it is more important than ever that they maximise the income they receive from the dispensing service.
In order to survive and flourish community pharmacies need to ensure that they maximise the profit they make from the dispensing service they provide. Ensuring you get reimbursed and remunerated is vital when margins are declining. Improving efficiency will reduce costs and create time to allow the pharmacy team to spend more time on other sources of income.
Contractors can send two team members from each pharmacy to the workshop (if spare places are available you will have the opportunity to register more participants).