PSNC Market Entry Master Class
Wednesday, 17 September, 2014 10am - 4pm
Hilton London Euston Hotel
Last year we ran Market Entry Master Classes providing an in depth training day on the new market entry regulations, in particular PNAs. We have received several requests from LPCs to repeat this training for those that missed it last year and for new LPC members and officers, so we will be running this again on 17th September in London.
The regulations Master Class will build on existing knowledge of the regulations from PSNC previous training and develop this with training specifically about how in practice LPCs need to apply their knowledge when consulted.
The day will include:
• Implementation of the new market entry regulations- a reminder of the provisions and the lessons learnt so far
• The PNA – the relevance of the PNA when considering contract applications;
• The types of applications: what to take into account and what not to take into account when considering each type of application
• Arranging meetings to consider contract applications – tips and pitfalls
• Structuring the LPC response and getting LPC sign-off
• The LPC duty to advise contractors on the regulations; making sure the LPC office and members have the appropriate expertise and the liability if they get it wrong
• How to respond to market exit and supporting the contractor involved
• When to support, oppose or ‘sit on the fence’
The day will involve presentations and discussions with practical exercises based on real applications, to consider issues and put the theory into practice. Although attendance on the previous PSNC regulations seminars would be an advantage it is not necessary.
As this is a repeat training day it is not aimed at those LPC members who came on the Master Class last year. The day will be invaluable to both those with no training on the regulations and those LPCs members who have a good understanding (the summary of the provisions at the start will bring those with limited knowledge quickly up to speed and provide a refresher for others).
Leading the day
The Master Class will be led by PSNCs Head of Regulation Steve Lutener.
Where and When
Wednesday 17th September in London at the Hilton Euston
How to register
The delegate fee is £95. Please use the following link to book your place: Market Entry Master Class booking
9.30am Registration for 10am Start finishes at 4.00pm
Prior to the event delegates will be sent a fictitious PNA for pre-reading and to bring on the day to use in the exercises. Delegates will also be supplied on the day with a copy of the regulations (as amended in 2014) to use in the exercises and to take away .