28 products added to the Discount Not Deducted (DND) list from August 2022
Following applications made by PSNC to the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) and the NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA), a further 28 new products entered the list of ‘Drugs for which Discount is Not Deducted’ (DND) in Part II of the Drug Tariff from 1 August 2022:
- Adrenaline (base) 500micrograms/0.5ml (1 in 1,000) solution for injection ampoules
- Amantadine 50mg/5ml oral solution sugar free
- Amiloride 5mg / Bumetanide 1mg tablets
- Cabergoline 1mg tablets
- Cabergoline 2mg tablets
- Chloral hydrate 500mg/5ml oral solution
- Doxepin 10mg capsules
- Efmody 10mg modified-release capsules
- Efmody 5mg modified-release capsules
- Ephedrine hydrochloride 15mg tablets
- Ephedrine hydrochloride 30mg tablets
- Hydrocortisone 0.5% ointment
- Liothyronine 10microgram capsules
- Liothyronine 20microgram capsules
- Liothyronine 5microgram capsules
- Naproxen 125mg/5ml oral suspension sugar free
- Ontozry 100mg tablets
- Ontozry 12.5mg/25mg tablets treatment initiation pack
- Ontozry 150mg tablets
- Ontozry 200mg tablets
- Ontozry 50mg tablets
- Potassium dihydrogen phosphate 13.6% (potassium 10mmol/10ml) solution for infusion 10ml ampoules
- Prednsiolone sodium phosphate 5mg suppositories
- Procyclidine 10mg/2ml solution for injection ampoules
- Rupatadine 10mg tablets
- Tamoxifen 40mg tablets
- Vazkepa 998mg capsules
For a list of all the monthly changes to the DND status of products please see the following page Notice of changes to discount not deducted (DND) status of products. A total of 529 products have been granted DND status following checks made by PSNC within the past 26 months.
The DND list is updated monthly by the DHSC and includes grouped and individual items. Individual items are separately listed in Part II of the Drug Tariff. Any items covered by the ‘Group Items’ heading are not listed again individually in Part II. Contractors can also check the Actual Medicinal Product (AMP) listing on Dictionary of Medicines and Devices (dm+d) to identify whether a product meets the DND criteria (see below).
Any products that are covered by one or more of the Group items categories below are reimbursed without any discount deduction applied.
- Cold Chain Storage (ALL)
- Schedule 1, 2 or 3 Controlled Drugs: Products containing drugs listed in Schedules 1, 2 and 3 of the Misuse of Drugs Regulation 2001
- Cytotoxic or Cytostatic item (ALL):
- Immunoglobulins (ALL)
- Insulins for injection (ALL)
- Vaccines and antisera (ALL)
- Unlicensed medicines: ‘Specials’ not listed in Part VIIIB where the product has been sourced from a supplier holding a MHRA specials or importers licence (prescriptions must be endorsed with invoice price less discount/rebate)
- Hazardous chemicals
Products that do not are covered by one or more of the Group item categories above must fulfil all three of the following criteria to qualify for entry to the DND list.
- the manufacturer(s), AAH and Alliance do not offer pharmacy contractors a discount
- fewer than 500,000 items per year are dispensed of the product
- average net ingredient cost (NIC) per item is more than £50
PSNC will continue its work to assess whether other drugs and appliances fulfil the current DND entry requirements under either the ‘Group’ and ‘Individual item’ criteria and make applications to NHSBSA and DHSC, accordingly.
If a product is currently subject to the discount deduction scale and you believe that it should be added to DND list based on the criteria specified above, please contact the PSNC Dispensing and Supply Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org who will investigate whether the product meets the relevant DND criteria and make an application to the DHSC and NHSBSA, as appropriate.
For further information on how discount deduction works, click here.