32 products added to the February 2022 Discount Not Deducted (DND) list
Following applications made by PSNC to the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) and the NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA), a further 32 new products will enter the list of ‘Drugs for which Discount is Not Deducted’ (DND) in Part II of the Drug Tariff from 1 February. This takes the total number of products granted DND status over the past 18 months to over 450 following checks made by PSNC.
Qtern 5mg/10mg tablets, Cortiment 9mg modified-release tablets and Folic acid 5mg/5ml oral solution sugar free are among the new products added to the DND list of Individual items to which the discount deduction scale will no longer apply from February 2022.
- Amiloride 5mg/5ml oral solution sugar free
- Anquil 250microgram tablets
- Azilect 1mg tablets
- Captopril 25mg/5ml oral solution sugar free
- Clipper 5mg gastro-resistant modified-release tablets
- Clonazepam 2mg/5ml oral solution sugar free
- Cortiment 9mg modified-release tablets
- Dexamethasone 10mg/5ml oral solution sugar free
- Dexamethasone 4mg tablets
- Dipyridamole 50mg/5ml oral suspension sugar free
- Donepezil 1mg/ml oral solution sugar free
- Doxepin 50mg capsules
- Folic acid 5mg/5ml oral solution sugar free
- Imipramine 25mg/5ml oral solution sugar free
- Lofepramine 70mg/5ml oral suspension sugar free
- Lokelma 10g oral powder sachets
- Lokelma 5g oral powder sachets
- Olsalazine 250mg capsules
- Olsalazine 500mg tablets
- Orphenadrine 50mg/5ml oral solution sugar free
- Oxybutynin 2.5mg/5ml oral solution sugar free
- Propranolol 40mg/5ml oral solution sugar free
- Propranolol 50mg/5ml oral solution sugar free
- Propranolol 5mg/5ml oral solution sugar free
- Qtern 5mg/10mg tablets
- Quinagolide 75microgram tablets
- Simvastatin 20mg/5ml oral suspension sugar free
- Simvastatin 40mg/5ml oral suspension sugar free
- Sulfasalazine 250mg/5ml oral suspension sugar free
- Sulpiride 200mg/5ml oral solution sugar free
- Tamoxifen 10mg/5ml oral solution sugar free
- Verapamil 40mg/5ml oral solution sugar free
For a list of all the monthly changes to the DND status of products please see the following page Notice of changes to discount not deducted (DND) status of products.
The DND list is updated monthly by the DHSC and includes grouped and individual items. Individual items are separately listed in Part II of the Drug Tariff. Any items covered by the ‘Group Items’ heading are not listed again individually in Part II. Contractors can also check the Actual Medicinal Product (AMP) listing on Dictionary of Medicines and Devices (dm+d) to identify whether a product meets the DND criteria (see below).
Any products that are covered by one or more of the Group items categories below are reimbursed without any discount deduction applied.
- Cold Chain Storage (ALL)
- Schedule 1, 2 or 3 Controlled Drugs: Products containing drugs listed in Schedules 1, 2 and 3 of the Misuse of Drugs Regulation 2001
- Cytotoxic or Cytostatic item (ALL):
- Immunoglobulins (ALL)
- Insulins for injection (ALL)
- Vaccines and antisera (ALL)
- Unlicensed medicines: ‘Specials’ not listed in Part VIIIB where the product has been sourced from a supplier holding a MHRA specials or importers licence (prescriptions must be endorsed with invoice price less discount/rebate)
- Hazardous chemicals
Products that do not are covered by one or more of the Group item categories above must fulfil all three of the following criteria to qualify for entry to the DND list.
- the manufacturer(s), AAH and Alliance do not offer pharmacy contractors a discount
- fewer than 500,000 items per year are dispensed of the product
- average net ingredient cost (NIC) per item is more than £50
PSNC will continue its work to assess whether other drugs and appliances fulfil the current DND entry requirements under either the ‘Group’ and ‘Individual item’ criteria and make applications to NHSBSA and DHSC, accordingly.
If a product is currently subject to the discount deduction scale and you believe that it should be added to DND list based on the criteria specified above, please contact the PSNC Dispensing and Supply Team by emailing email@example.com who will investigate whether the product meets the relevant DND criteria and make an application to the DHSC and NHSBSA, as appropriate.
For further information on how discount deduction works, click here