Drug Tariff Watch: June 2020 changes
Drug Tariff Watch: June 2020 changes
May 29, 2020
The Preface lists additions, deletions and alterations to the Drug Tariff. Below is a quick summary of the changes due to take place from 1st June 2020.
Community pharmacy contractors are encouraged to review the changes to the drugs and appliances listed in the Drug Tariff as this has an impact on reimbursement.
Part VIIIA - Drugs
Part VIIIA additions
- Clomethiazole 157.5mg/5ml oral solution sugar free ◼ (300ml)
- Allantoin 0.5% / Lidocaine 0.5% ointment ◼ (25g) – Anodesyn
- Benzocaine 1mg/dose oromucosal spray sugar free ◼ (15ml) – Ultra Chloraseptic
- Benzocaine 10% dental gel sugar free ◼ (5.3g) – Orajel
- Bifonazole 1% cream ◼ (20g) – Canesten Bifonazole Once Daily
- Chlorhexidine gluconate 0.25% cream ◼ (30g) – Acriflex
- Dextromethorphan 7.5mg/5ml oral solution sugar free (100ml) – Robitussin Dry Cough
- Dextromethorphan 7.5mg/5ml oral solution sugar free (250ml) – Robitussin Dry Cough
- Emtricitabine 200mg / Tenofovir alafenamide 10mg tablets ◼ (30) – Descovy
- Emtricitabine 200mg / Tenofovir alafenamide 25mg tablets ◼ (30) – Descovy
- Griseofulvin 1% spray ◼ (20ml) – Grisol
- Levofloxacin 100mg/ml nebuliser liquid ampoules ◼ (56) – Quinsair
- Mercaptamine 3.8mg/ml eye drops ◼ (5ml) – Cystadrops
- Mesalazine 1.6g gastro-resistant tablets (30) – Octasa 1600mg MR
- Nicotine 450micrograms/dose inhaler ◼(20 dose) – Voke
- Norethisterone 200mg/1ml solution for injection ampoules ◼ (1) – Noristerat
- *Rizatriptan 10mg oral lyophilisates sugar free ◼ (12) – Maxalt Melt
- Tafluprost 15micrograms/ml eye drops ◼ (3ml) – Saflutan
- Tiotropium bromide 2.5micrograms/dose inhalation solution cartridge CFC free ◼ (60 dose) – Spiriva Respimat
- Tiotropium bromide 2.5micrograms/dose / Olodaterol 2.5micrograms/dose inhalation solution cartridge CFC free ◼ (60 dose) – Spiolto Respimat
- Zinc undecenoate 20% / Undecenoic acid 2% powder ◼ (70g) – Mycota
- *Lymecycline 408mg capsules (56)
- *Naratriptan 2.5mg tablets (12)
- *Zolmitriptan 2.5mg tablets (12)
Note, the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has said that it will increase medicine reimbursement prices (through the usual Category M mechanism) by £15 million in June.
Part VIIIA deletions
- Dexamethasone 8mg tablets (30) – Teva UK Ltd
- Insulin soluble bovine 100units/ml solution for injection 3ml cartridges (5) – Hypurin Bovine Neutral
- Insulin zinc mixed bovine 100units/ml suspension for injection 10ml vials (1) – Hypurin Bovine Lente
Part IX - Appliances
Part IX deletions
|Product||Additional information (size, product code etc)|
|DRESSINGS – Telfa Island (Non adherent dressing pad)||All types and sizes|
|DRESSINGS – Vapour-permeable Adhesive Film Dressing – C-View||All types and sizes|
|DRESSINGS – C-View Post-Op||All types and sizes|
|DRESSINGS – WOUND MANAGEMENT DRESSINGS – Hydrocolloid Dressing – Semi-permeable – Sterile – With Adhesive Border – Sterile one-piece pack: BeneHold Bordered||All types and sizes|
|DRESSINGS – WOUND MANAGEMENT DRESSINGS – Hydrocolloid Dressing – Semi-permeable – Sterile – Without Adhesive Border – BeneHold Square||All sizes|
|DRESSINGS – WOUND MANAGEMENT DRESSINGS – Hydrocolloid Dressing – Semi-permeable – Sterile – Without Adhesive Border – BeneHold TASA Square||All sizes|
|DRESSINGS – WOUND MANAGEMENT DRESSINGS – Hydrogel Dressing – Sterile – AquaForm Hydrogel||All sizes|
|DRESSINGS – WOUND MANAGEMENT DRESSINGS – GenaFoam Border Square||All types and sizes|
|GenaFoam Square||All sizes|
|DRESSINGS – WOUND MANAGEMENT DRESSINGS – SorbXtra Square||All sizes|
|DRESSINGS – WOUND MANAGEMENT DRESSINGS – SorbXtra Rectangular||All sizes|
|EMOLLIENT AND BARRIER PREPARATIONS – Ultraveen Intensive Balm||100ml|
|EMOLLIENT AND BARRIER PREPARATIONS – Ultraveen Moisturising Cream||125ml|
|EMOLLIENT AND BARRIER PREPARATIONS – Ultraveen Very Dry Skin Cream||125ml|
|LUBRICANT GELS – Cathejell Lidocain||CJLL08501, 8.5g|
|STOMA APPLIANCES – BELTS – Respond Healthcare Ltd – OstoMart Cool Comfort Unisex Light Control Support Garment Belt Black Small/Medium||CCWBB1S|
|STOMA APPLIANCES – SKIN PROTECTORS (Wafers, Blankets, Foam Pads, Washers) – Respond Healthcare Ltd – OstoMart Astoa Mouldable Adhesive Ring Seal – Thin||AMRT30, 30|
To view the appliances due to be deleted from upcoming months, see our page Drug Tariff Appliance Watch: Notice of Deletion.
Contractors should also be aware of the following adjustments which have been made to other sections of the Drug Tariff.
Unlicensed specials and imports (Part VIIIB)
The Drug Tariff no longer has a requirement for contractors to submit copies of the Certificate of Analysis (COA) or Certificate of Conformity (COC) to the local NHS England and NHS Improvement (NHSE&I) team of the prescriber after dispensing unlicensed specials or imports not listed in Part VIIIB.
As contractors are still required to keep the necessary records of unlicensed specials or imports they dispense for a period of five years, any COAs and COCs obtained can be retained by the pharmacy for this purpose.
Essential service payments (Part VIA)
The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) made adjustments to the Drug Tariff to incorporate some new arrangements in light of the COVID-19 pandemic response. See our payment guide for more information.