Final few days of 2022 Pharmacy Advice Audit
THIS CONTENT HAS NOW EXPIRED
PSNC is calling on all community pharmacy teams to participate in the 2022 Pharmacy Advice Audit to help gather as much data as possible for use in negotiations.
The deadline to complete the audit is 23.59 this Friday (11th March), and we need as many teams as possible to take part over the next few days.
The Advice Audit provides invaluable information and statistics for PSNC to use to support its arguments in negotiations. Policymakers have been receptive to large datasets in the past, so we need as many pharmacy teams to take part in the audit as possible to strengthen our evidence base.We would be very grateful to anyone who can participate and have designed the 2022 audit so that it is as simple as possible to complete – see the steps below. If you have already completed the audit, thank you for your support and please remember to submit your data via PharmOutcomes by the deadline.
How to take part
To successfully complete the audit, pharmacy teams will need to:
- Record patient/customer interactions where advice was given by either a non-pharmacist team member and/or a pharmacist.
- Carry this out for at least one day, recording all consultations. (To be a valid audit, each pharmacy needs to achieve at least 20 consultations, therefore a small number will need to continue for a second day.)
- Estimate the percentage of consultations that were recorded during that time period (this is to recognise that some consultations may be missed).
- (Optional) Rate your confidence in the advice given to help identify areas for improvement to reflect on post-audit.
- Enter the data on PharmOutcomes. (If a contractor has not used PharmOutcomes before, log in details can be obtained by sending a message to the PharmOutcomes helpdesk.)
Further information and resources can be found at: psnc.org.uk/adviceaudit