Medicine Supply Notification: Levomepromazine 25mg/1ml solution for injection
Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has issued a medicine supply notification for Levomepromazine 25mg/1ml solution for injection.
Tier 2 – medium impact
Date of issue 22nd February 2022
- Levomepromazine (Nozinan®) 25mg/1ml solution for injection is out of stock until w/c 7 March 2022.
- Levomepromazine (Wockhardt) 25mg/1ml solution for injection is out of stock with a resupply date to be confirmed.
- Alternative medicines for use in palliative care remain available and can support an uplift in demand.
Primary care should be additionally be aware that:
- Prescription validation has been temporarily implemented at wholesaler level;
- Community pharmacists/district nurses should work with their local hospitals and request mutual aid if
wholesaler supplies are exhausted, to ensure continuity of supply to patients and hospices; and
- if supplies are unavailable via mutual aid, work with specialist palliative care teams to use alternatives
wherever possible (see notification for further information)
A copy of this medicine supply notification, including further information, has been sent to all pharmacy NHS email addresses.
The DHSC Medicine Supply Team provide a monthly update on potential supply issues affecting both primary and secondary care. This update is uploaded on the Specialist Pharmacy Services (SPS) website. To register, you will need an NHS email address. Once set up and logged in, you will be able to access it online.
New shortages not listed on the SPS website, can be reported using our shortage reporting tool.