NHS turns 70
NHS turns 70
July 5, 2018
The NHS turns 70 today (Thursday 5th July 2018), and all healthcare professionals are celebrating this milestone.
Community pharmacy teams are therefore encouraged to help promote pharmacy’s contribution to the NHS both currently, and over the past 70 years. We would love to see pharmacy teams sharing positive stories about their work on social media using the #NHS70 hashtag and PSNC has created a set of tweet templates to help inspire you.
Pharmacy’s Proudest Moments
The National Pharmacy Association (NPA) has been collecting stories of its members’ proudest pharmacy moments. Visit their dedicated webpage to share your story or be inspired by others: www.npa.co.uk/nhs70pharmacy
Other things that pharmacy teams and LPCs could do (either today or later in the year) include:
- using the branding graphics plus other digital assets on the pharmacy’s website and in patient communications (these are available from NHS England’s resources centre);
- creating displays showcasing successes (e.g. becoming a Healthy Living Pharmacy) or sharing plans for the pharmacy (e.g. if you are starting to provide a new service);
- holding an ‘NHS Big 7Tea’ event (brand pack available from the resources centre) as an opportunity for the local community to share positive pharmacy stories;
- encouraging pharmacy staff and patients to support the NHS at 70 and The Cultural History of the NHS projects, which are collecting stories and memories of the NHS; and
- using the NHS’s 70th birthday as the theme of the LPC’s annual awards ceremony.
Pharmacy teams may also wish to make patients aware of a patient-facing website which has been created to keep the public informed about the NHS’s 70th birthday celebrations.