Update on pharmacy IT workstreams published
The Community Pharmacy IT Group (CP ITG) has published its Autumn 2021 Pharmacy IT quarterly round-up, following the group’s last meeting on the 22nd of September.
During this meeting, the CP ITG’s new Chairman, Matthew Armstrong, explained that the the group will further pursue driving the integration of community pharmacy with the NHS interoperability agenda and press for new and improved IT platforms that will ease pharmacy workload.
The CP ITG quarterly round-up includes updates and engagement opportunities such as:
- Shared Care Records (ShCR) updates;
- the pharmacy IT infrastructure survey which can be completed by contractors;
- NHSmail Virtual Visits piloting;
- patient digital authentication future options (a related contractor survey can be completed by 20th October 2021);
- Updates on paperless processing;
- Real Time Exemption Checking (RTEC); and
- Integrated Care Systems (ICS) IT developments.
The quarterly roundup also explains further opportunities available for pharmacy teams to get involved with the ongoing work to improve pharmacy IT.
About the CP ITG:
Members of the CP ITG are drawn from PSNC, NPA, RPS, CCA and AIMp. PSNC also provides the secretariat for the group. Pharmacy contractors, IT system suppliers, NHSBSA, NHS Digital, NHSE&I, and NHSX likewise participate in the group’s meetings and work. For more information, please visit the CP ITG webpage