Update on pharmacy IT workstreams published
Following its quarterly meeting on March 9th 2021, the Community Pharmacy IT Group (CP ITG) has published its Pharmacy IT spring 2022 roundup. This includes updates on:
- NHS Booking and Referral Standards (BaRS) which aims to enable booking and referral information to be sent between NHS service providers in a format more useful to clinicians.
- Upcoming Shared Care Records webinar: To be held on Monday 21st March 12:00-14:00. Pharmacy team members with an interest with ShCR can register to attend.
- NHS Digital Health Leadership Programme is open to applicants until 24th March for the next cohort of digital leaders (learning begins September).
- A drafted PMR data transfer process to set out how information can be transferred safely if the PMR system is changed
- Virtual Visits: piloting update and how it works. Additional volunteers can express interest with piloting.
- NHS Profile Manager: updates.
- CPCS IT: Provider Pays model.
- The pharmacy infrastructure survey which can be completed by contractors before it closes.
The spring round-up also outlines the range of opportunities available for pharmacy teams to get involved in the work to improve pharmacy IT.
About the CP ITG
Members of the CP ITG are drawn from PSNC, NPA, RPS, CCA and AIMp. PSNC also provides the secretariat for the group. Pharmacy contractors, IT system suppliers, NHSBSA, NHS Digital, NHSE&I, and NHS Transformation Directorate likewise participate in the group’s meetings and work. For more information, please visit the CP ITG webpage.