The Community Pharmacy Contractual Framework Advanced Services Consist of the following elements:
- Medicines Use Review (MUR) – Please note changes from 1st September 2020 below *
- New Medicines Service (NMS)
- Appliance Use Review (AUR)
- Stoma Appliance Customisation (SAC)
- Flu Vaccination (see FAQs HERE)
- NHS Urgent Medicine Supply Advanced Service (NUMSAS) – This has been replaced with the new Community Pharmacy Consultation Service (CPCS) from 29th October 2019
All current service information for the above services can be found by following this link.
* From 1st September 2020, it is no longer a contractual requirement that written consent is obtained from patients prior to the provision MURs, NMS or Flu. Additionally, MURs may now be provided by phone or video consultation, where this is clinically appropriate, and without the contractor having to seek prior approval from NHSE&I.
Revised MUR targeting requirements applied from 1st April 2020.
In 2020/21, contractors can provide a total of 100 MURs, with the service being decommissioned at the end of the year. In the first quarter of 2020/21, 70% of MURs should be targeted at high-risk medicines or patients who have recently been discharged from hospital. From the date that the NHS Discharge Medicines Service is introduced (planned to be July 2020) 70% of MURs should be targeted solely at high-risk medicines.
National target groups (Changes to target groups applied from 1st October 2019)
NEW Community Pharmacy Consultation Service (CPCS) launched 29th October 2019.
Please see below key resources to help pharmacy contractors successfully deliver the service:
Useful Resources for Advanced Services
NMS Anticoagulation Guidance for Pharmacy click here
Boots STH MUR/NMS referral form can be accessed here
Joint CPS / LMC Letter re Flu Vaccination Service 2019/20 – see here.