Frontline Healthcare Workers Vaccination Service 2017-18
Somerset County Council have commissioned community pharmacies to vaccinate council-employed frontline healthcare workers against flu this year.
How the Service Works
- SCC employees will be issued with a SCC Flu Voucher enabling them to attend a community pharmacy for a flu vaccination.
- The employee MUST attend with their voucher AND name badge.
- The voucher MUST be signed by the employee and their manager
- The Pharmacist conducts a PRIVATE flu vaccination consultation using their private service PGD and paperwork.
- If the patient is eligible for a free NHS vaccination, this must be offered instead.
- Details of the vaccination will be recorded on PharmOutcomes under the ‘Somerset County Council Flu Vaccination Voucher Scheme’ service so Somerset County Council can track uptake of the scheme and for the pharmacies to gain payment.
- The SCC employee is NOT charged for the private vaccination, instead the cost of £12 will be claimed automatically via PharmOutcomes
Pharmacies, please contact the LPC at email@example.com.
The lead commissioner for Somerset County Council’s details can be found below:
Health Protection Manager
Somerset County Council