Community Pharmacy provision – 8th May Bank Holiday You must update DOS and your Website
All community pharmacy to open for 2.00pm – 5.00pm – but with any exceptions agreed in advance with NHSE/I Regional Teams (see below options).
- Planned community pharmacy and urgent dental care bank holiday cover to proceed – unless otherwise agreed with NHSE/I Regional Teams.
What needs to happen now is that every Pharmacy will need to update their own DOS PROFILE. Profile Updater Guidance 2018-19 V1.0
This is very important and will need to be actioned, I have attached a user guide on how to do this, but please email me if you have any issues. Please remember to update all your DOS sections, which means a page potentially for each service.
Somerset LPC Engagement Officer
Some examples are shown below from Frequent questions I am being asked.
- You were closed and now you are open 2.00pm – 5.00pm –You must update DOS and your Website (no confirmation will be sent back)
- You were open but you are now changing your hours to cover from 2.00pm – 5.00pm only – You must update DOS and your Website (no confirmation will be sent back)
- You were previously planning to open for longer than 3hrs and wish to continue to do so – You must update DOS and your Website (no confirmation will be sent back)
- You were closed and you want to remain –You must update your DOS and your website.
- We have already been in contact with a number of Community Pharmacies in certain geographical areas, requesting that they provide 3 hours of cover in the evening to ensure adequate pharmacy provision. In light of the national decision for all pharmacies to provide 2-5pm cover, for those pharmacies where we have previously agreed evening provision, these agreed hours will replace the mandated 2-5pm cover. If we have any other areas where we need additional cover we will approach pharmacies to discuss this –You must update your DOS and your website.