CPPE Cancer Awareness and Screening workshop
Thursday, 1 December, 2016 19:00 for a 19:30 Start
Cedars Hotel, Needham Road, Stowmarket, IP14 2AJ
- How cancer aware are you? Minor illness or major disease?
- How confident are you that you could help patients to identify symptoms of oesophageal/stomach or lung cancer?
- Do you know where to find more information to support yourself, your colleagues and your patients in your local area?
- Would you be confident to run a cancer awareness campaign?
To find out more, come along to the CPPE Cancer Awareness and Screening workshop
Although the pre-workshop material covers a number of the most common cancers, we have chosen to focus on oesophageal/stomach and lung cancer for the actual event. There are no NHS screening programmes in place for these cancers, so it is critical to focus on increasing people’s awareness of the diseases. At this time of year, many patients will be presenting with symptoms commonly associated with these cancers which could be mistaken as self-limiting minor ailments.
We will be learning about the signs and symptoms of these devastating cancers and how the pharmacy team can support patients to be more aware of the importance of early detection and treatment.
Dr Andrew Yager will be joining us at the event as our expert speaker. Dr Yager is the West Suffolk CCG GP lead for cancer commissioning and is also the Macmillan Cancer Support facilitator for Suffolk.
We will also be joined by Donna Reeve, a specialist cancer training facilitator working for Cancer Research UK across West and East Suffolk, Great Yarmouth and Waveney.
This workshop is for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pre-registration pharmacists.
A light buffet will be available from 7:00pm and the workshop starts at 7.30pm.
- Please register now at www.cppe.ac.uk