Great East Run Ipswich 2017 – Outreach Programme
Wednesday, 10 May, 2017 18:30 – 19:30
Inspire Suffolk, Lindbergh Rd, Ipswich IP3 9QX
Are you looking for a physical activity intervention for customers? Are they up for the challenge?
The Great East Run is a mass participation half marathon that will be taking place in Suffolk in September 2017. Participants will run 13.1 miles in and around the Ipswich area. Suffolk County Council, in partnership with Suffolk Sport, is funding an outreach programmes to support 24 participants living in the Ipswich area to take part in the Great East Run on 24th September 2017.
What is the outreach programme?
The outreach programme is targeted at physically inactive adults (doing less than 0 -1 x 30 minute’s structured physical activity per week) and those living with long term physical or mental health conditions such as type 2 diabetes, cardiac rehabilitation, or cancer. It challenges those taking part to undertake regular weekly training to prepare for and take part in a half marathon. In doing so it aims to create long term behaviour change and support individuals to become more active for life.
The weekly Programme starts on Wednesday 10th May 2017 (Course induction 8th May 2017) at Inspire Suffolk, Lindbergh Rd, Ipswich IP3 9QX from 18:30 – 19:30
Who’s the programme for?
To be considered for the programme participants will need to:
- be aged 17-25 years or 50+ and live in Suffolk at the start of the programme
- commit to attending regular, weekly training sessions for 5 months at Inspire Suffolk in Ipswich, between May and September 2017
- be inactive at the start of the programme or have a long term health condition that has prevented activity or reduced activity levels.
- be available on 24th September 2017 to participate in the Great East Run in Ipswich
- contribute £30.00 towards the £300.00 cost per participant.
What will participants get?
- Entry to the Great East Run
- Weekly training sessions, for 5 months, with two qualified coaches supported by double Olympic long distance runner, Paul Evans
- Exclusive discounts on running gear at Coes, Ipswich
- Physiotherapy support from Allied Health Professionals
- Nutrition and lifestyle coaching workshops.
How to get involved
Register using the following link: www.suffolksport.com/ger2017
Contact the programme coordinator, Carol Lukins by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 07955 735514.
This programme is delivered in partnership by Sport England, Suffolk Sport, Suffolk County Council, Inspire Suffolk, Allied Health Professionals, Blossom Charity, Coes and One Life Suffolk.