Section last updated: 10th July 2020
PSNC’s COVID-19 hub contains links to information, guidance and resources on the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic for community pharmacy contractors and their teams.
The information and guidance in this hub will be updated on a regular basis.
Messages to the sector
PSNC Chief Executive’s blog (30th June)
June’s blog from PSNC CEO Simon Dukes describes how his team are starting to look towards important negotiations for the autumn and winter of 2020/21.
PSNC Chief Executive’s Blog (29th May)
May’s blog from PSNC CEO Simon Dukes looks forward to a post-COVID world where we can ‘Reset and Reform’ community pharmacy.
PSNC CEO video message (15th May)
In his latest video, PSNC Chief Executive Simon Dukes confirms that negotiations on additional funding for the sector are ongoing, and he describes how discussions with DHSC and NHSE&I are now also turning to the expected next phases of the pandemic in the UK.
PSNC Chief Executive’s Blog (29th April)
April’s blog from PSNC CEO Simon Dukes focusses on community pharmacy’s role in the COVID-19 response, discussing the pressures that pharmacy teams are under and the financial support needed urgently.
Key actions to take during the pandemic
Contractors and pharmacy teams are advised to take the following actions during the pandemic:
- Read the NHSE&I guidance whenever it is updated and implement its recommended actions;
- Clearly display the COVID-19 posters at points of entry to your pharmacy;
- Complete a risk review for your pharmacy and put steps in place to mitigate any risks identified;
- Implement your business continuity plan where required and seek assistance and advice from your Local Pharmaceutical Committee;
- Keep up to date with developments by regularly checking the information on COVID-19 on GOV.UK, the NHSE&I Coronavirus Primary Care webpage and checking your NHSmail shared mailbox on a regular basis for updates from NHSE&I; and
- Where possible, display the public health advice posters on hand washing, social distancing etc